When you enable Logging in FileZilla Server, there’s no option in the configuration to change the location of these files.
By default, you get them in this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\FileZilla Server\Logs
As they say in their documentation, “This location cannot be changed.”
In my case, I like to get all my logs at the same place, e.g. d:\logs, where have all my iis, smtp, hmailserver, … log files.
So, why can’t I get filezilla logs too?
There’s a solution, just follow these steps.
- Stop Filezilla Service
- Open a command prompt, as admin.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\FileZilla Server\ folder.
- Rename “Logs” to “Logs2”, (or just delete it)
- Type: “mklink Logs m:\logs\filezilla /d”
- (replace m:\logs\filezilla with any folder you want)
- Restart FileZilla Service
That’s it, Filezilla Server thinks that the local folder exists, but it is located elsewhere!